The New iPad Mini
By Gabe Landau
Recently, Apple released a new product to their line of iPads. What’s different about this one? Just the screen size. Measuring only 7.9 inches (versus the older generations measuring about 10 inches) the new iPad can be held comfortably in one hand. Other then the size, not much has changed about the iPad mini.
Specs and Other Information
The iPad Mini has a lot of the same specs as the normal, older iPads, such as:
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (Optional 3G and LTE/HSPA+ connectivity)
- Dual-core A5 chip (same as the iPad 2)
- Front-facing camera (for FaceTime, etc.)
- “iSight” camera for 1080p video recording and taking 5MP pictures.
- Buttons and hardware pieces
- Sensors (three-axis gyro, accelerometer, ambient light sensor)
There are also some differences between the new iPad Mini and the older versions of the iPad, such as:
- Screen size (7.9 inches vs. about 10 inches)
- Lighting connector vs. digital connector
- Processor (depending on which model you buy)
- Color (black and slate, or white)